Thursday, April 2, 2009

Child's Play

People applying for jobs are often advised to make their CV stand out from the crowd. You know, use a distinctive font or, if you're being all 20th century and sending a hard copy, print it on coloured paper.

Indie record labels have traditionally applied the same logic when sending stuff to people like me. Obviously I'm going to stick Kylie's new album on the stereo the minute it arrives on my desk but what's going to make me listen to the latest offering from The Squirrels or whoever?

Increasingly, it would appear the answer is by including a toy of some description.

In the space of the last two weeks I have received:

  • a wind-up ping pong set

SANY0435

  • a toddler's IQ test

BEFORE AFTER

SANY0442 SANY0440

  • a fully working accordion (as demonstrated by our in-house gypsy Jason)

SANY0436 SANY0437

I am happy to report that this approach is extremely successful. However, my desk is getting pretty cluttered, so if you would like any of these highly desirable items, drop me an email completing the phrase "I can give the ping-pong toy/child's IQ test/accordion a happy home because..."

No comments:

Post a Comment